Business skill part 4

Business skill part 4

Business skill part 



hi everyone I'm Robin and in this blog I'm gonna teach you verbs to describe downward movement okay now downward movement is scary when you're talking about stock or profit or sales okay let's take a look these are the verbs you want to use for downward movement the first one go down so if I say my profits in my company are going down that's not good the next one decrease our profits are decreasing remember the opposite word increase going up decrease increase decrease sales are starting to slide this is a common 


one now slide means sales were okay but they're starting to go down downward movement they're starting to slide fall sales are falling my stock is falling our profits are falling not good to hear lose ground our sales are losing ground okay now this one's a little difficult lose ground means a it's not stable something wrong so if our sales are losing ground okay there's a problem with the sales going down losing ground and weaken my stock is weakening remember your stock could be strengthening going up but in this case downward movement my stock is weakening going down alright let's move on the next three verbs also describe a downward movement


these verbs are scarier because they describe a very quick and big drop alright something you don't want to hear when talking about stock profit or sales okay here are the verbs again a very quick and big sudden drop the first one crash okay if you say our sales crashed that's terrible because your sales write down very quick collapsed our profits collapsed this year there's no money or profits collapsed went right down and the last one plummet very common to say plummet my stock plummeted okay that's a very terrible thing 


if your stock plummeted because the value of your stock dropped right down all right so these ones we would use for a very big and sudden drop let's take a look at some example sentences all right let's look at the first example profits decreased by four percent this quarter and the next example profits will slide if we do not improve the quality profits will slide if we do not improve the quality and the next example my company stock has started to fall since the CEO 

died my company stock has started to fall since the CEO died and the next example we lost ground on profits since our rival came out with a new product we lost ground on profits since our rival came out with a new product and the next one our stock has weakened over the last few days our stock has weakened over the last few days and the next example our stock crashed after the CEO was arrested and the next one sales have collapsed because our product has too many defects sales have collapsed because our product has too many defects and the last one our profits will plummet

if we don't introduce a new product soon our profits will plummet if we don't introduce a new product soon okay we saw how we can use these verbs to describe downward movement now this blog focused on these verbs in a negative way we're always talking about money and of course any time money is going down that's bad that's negative but these verbs can also be used in a positive way too for example if I said cancer rates are going down that's a good thing or if I said crime is decreasing that's a good thing too okay just make sure you know you can use them in a negative way or a positive way that's it for this blog I'll see you next time.


hello I'm Robin and in this blog I'm going to teach you about using movement adjectives these are adjectives that help us express upward movement and downward movement let's take a look here are my nouns increase gain climb these are nouns to express upward movement decrease decline and drop these are nouns to express downward movement and here are our adjectives now all of these adjectives can work with all of these words okay you can use slightly with every word you can use slow with every word and all of these you can use with every word 


they all match let's begin with slight now the meaning of slight is very little okay so if you have a slight increase very little increase slight again you could have a slight decrease very little going down very little slow of course slow means not fast slow you could have a slow gain or a slow decline very slow gain slow decline gradual okay gradual means slow over time so a gradual climb something is gradually climbing or a gradual decline something is going down gradually slowly steady you could have a steady increase steady very steady straight steady decrease steady wrap it rapid means very fast okay 

if you have something a rapid climb right up a rapid climb or a rat a rapid drop right down and the last one massive massive means big large so if you have a massive gain very big gain or am massive drop very big drop a massive decline very big decline okay so all of these adjectives can work with all of these nouns let's take a look at some examples so let's look at the first example my stock had a slight decrease in value this week my stock had a slight decrease in value this week and the next one there has been a slow increase in sales this year there has been a slow 

increase in sales this year and the next one sales will gradually decline as the technology gets old sales will gradually decline as a technology gets old and the next one we can see a steady climb in profits we can see a steady climb in profits and the next one our company is experiencing massive gains and the last one our profits will rapidly drop if we don't lay off some employees our profits will rapidly drop if we don't lay off some employees those were great examples of how to use movement adjectives in sentences now before 

I go I want to talk about something else I don't want to confuse you let's take a look all right so we learned this today a steady increase increase is the noun steady is the adjective a steady increase alright but now let's look at this sentence it increases steadily okay this is also okay what's happening well increase is a noun and it could also be used as a verb alright and steady is an adjective but it can also be used an adverb all right so here it's adjectives nowhere it's verb adverb all right so just be aware that there are two ways to express that in this blog we just focused on this way all right that's it see you next time.

 hello I'm bill and what I have right here is some ways for you to tell your opinion to other people okay because maybe you're having a discussion or maybe even a small argument but these are good ways to tell how you're feeling and what you think should be done now I have two positive ways here okay for what you think are good ideas so these are for your good ideas and then down here I have two negatives for when you want to talk about bad ideas now an example here with this phrase 

I think that so if you have a good idea you can start with this phrase to tell people your good idea okay maybe even something simple like I think that we should eat healthy food, okay good idea eat healthy food so I think that we should eat healthy food same thing here talk about this my belief is now this is almost the same as I think that you can use it the same way, okay but now we use this for our business here you could say my belief is we are spending too much money on marketing that's a problem right there so if you think you're spending too much money tell people my belief is we are spending too much money on marketing okay so you think it's a good idea to stop that now for the negatives here we have this one talking about bad ideas 

I don't think that now an easy one here would be I don't think that is good for the company may be someone's going to make a bad decision so you want to speak and try to stop it so I don't think that is a good decision you want to change that better decision now the same thing I disagree that okay this could easily go I disagree that will help the company okay again someone's going to make a bad decision you want to tell them that your opinion says it's a bad decision we need to change it so

 I disagree that will help the company okay let's look at some examples dialog one I think that is a good deal you're right it used to be more expensive dialogue to my belief is that we should focus more on advertising that's a good idea now more people will know what we're selling dialogue 3 I don't think that we should have a meeting on Friday I understand your feeling there isn't anything new to tell the employees dialogue for I disagree that the new contract is better than the old one 

I suppose the old one was more clear about expectations all right now you know some ways to tell people your opinion both in a positive way and in a negative way remember for positive just that I think that or my belief is you say that when you want to share a good idea but then there's always the 

I don't think that or I disagree that this is when you want to stop people from making a bad decision or you have a better idea than what they have there you can use these at busy at work when you're talking about business you can use them at home or even in your normal life just any time you have a discussion with people or even an argument these are great ways to let them hear your opinion all right I hope that's helpful and I hope you use them too thank you hi this is bill and in this blog 

I'm gonna show you a term that is perfect for a business situation okay now maybe you already know the word compromise well there's a phrase you can use that means the same thing is compromise it's just an easy to say kind of casual and it's great for sentences okay now that phrase is meet in the middle alright now it's kind of exactly what you think all right so now you can think about it like this there's two men having a business negotiation okay and now maybe the first man wants the price to be $20.00 okay and the second man he wants the price to be $10, okay well the first man doesn't want $10 and the second man

 doesn't want $20 so they negotiate and then they decide to meet in the middle that means the man who wants $20 comes down and the man who wants $10 comes up and they choose $15 see that they both give up a little they meet in the middle it's a fair way to finish a negotiation because if you look at the sentence 

I've written up here it says let's meet in the middle so we can both be happy it's kind of like everybody wins if you meet in the middle this is good for business when you're talking about contract or prices of things you can actually also use this if you're shopping at a market and maybe you think the person selling something is asking for a price too high maybe you offer a lower price and after some talking maybe you

me in the middle or compromise same meaning, okay if you meet in the middle both sides win all right let's look at some written examples of this being used here are some sentences of how you can use meet in the middle we are both far from what we want but if we meet in the middle we can both be happy 

I want 20 items and you think I should get 10 so let's meet in the middle and make it 15 items why don't we meet in the middle so we can finish this negotiation so there you see some easy and practical examples of using phrase meet in the middle now it's a good phrase to know for business because it's common everybody uses it at some time when they're negotiating it's a good term to use so if you practice it and you use it I promise you that English speakers know the meaning and will think it fits perfectly into your conversation okay so get out there and start talking to people about meeting in the middle when you're trying to negotiate or decide on something okay I hope you use it and I'll see you on my next blog thankyou.

Post a Comment

0 Comments